Wednesday 29 April 2009

PUSH (2009)

I saw one of the most beautiful expressions of motion ever on Sunday night.

My friend invited me along to a dance called "PUSH." He works for the theatre, saving me about $60.

I found her movements ever so precise and controlled, yet so fluid and natural. During one of the pieces (TWO), I felt a sense of awe and mystique similar to when I first saw "The Matrix." The mechanical and carefully calculated movements had a depth of intention and focus that I had never before witnessed in a dancer. It felt like I was watching 'Trinity' from the Matrix... in real life. I was transported to another dimension. The perfectly placed pauses in motion intensified the impact of each movement.

Here is a link to the solo "Two", one of the pieces in PUSH, Choreographed by Russel Maliphant.
This was filmed in 2005, you can imagine how much this piece has been refined after 3 or 4 years. One could actually FEEL the lines being created.

Two (Rise and Fall)

1 comments:

Kristian Larsen 14 May 2009 at 23:33  

http://yellingmouth.blogspot.com/2009/04/push-russell-maliphant-and-sylvie.html